Software Engineer, Data Team
AI & Data – Helsinki
Are you a Software Engineer looking for the next big thing? Yes? Perfect! Keep on reading:
Data Team’s daily tasks includes big data handling and everything related to it. More specifically we develop a reporting platform and collect data for our AI Team. What it means is that we are creating new ways to utilize data for our teams disposal by working with microdata and user behaviour data. Our daily data increase is on triple figures in gigabytes so we really have something to work with. All in all, you will do your magic by analysing and modifying data, developing scalable infrastructure and reporting. If developing user interfaces for our customers is your cup of tea, you get to do that as well.
Technologies we like to use: Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop, Apache Airflow, Druid, Python & Scala.
When describing our 5 member team a mix of experience and youth comes first to mind. Our work is something new and challenging - there are no guidebooks or google searches that come to rescue. What also makes our job interesting is the collaboration with our AI Team that diversifies our job description even further which is intriguing.
What we expect from you:
- You have experience working with some of the techngologies mentioned above – Python is the most important.
- You have at least couple of years of experience working with similar tasks.
- Most importantly your best asset is your enthusiastic attitude! You take ownership of your work and you are motivated to learn something new every day.
Why you will enjoy working with us:
- The Team! A fun fact about the Data Team: “I will arrive a bit late, forgot my pants”, was a message that one of our guys sent us this spring. Our Data Team have created their own Silicon Valley type of team with shared afterwork hangouts and boardgame and playstation battles.
- It's important to us that employees feel great coming to the office in the morning; we measure employee satisfaction with monthly employee NPS surveys. We are passionate about our product and we really believe in what we do! We also enjoy some breakfasts together from time to time and the sporty ones plays floorball on Friday mornings.
- Self-development is one of the most important features at giosg and you will be able to influence the way you work and with what kind of technology. And you get to choose your own work equipment.
If we managed to spark your interest and you got that ”where can I sign?” feeling, please send your CV and a link to your GitHub profile. Would you like to have a chat? Feel free to call to our HR Manager Taika Rautanen tel. +358 44 994 7042.